Did Someone Say Free?
Ever see your favorite blogger or youtuber open up a bunch of packages filled with products they got for free and wonder how they heck they got so lucky? What if I told you there’s a legit, no catch program that hooks EVERY DAY people up with free (typically full size) beauty & household products for testing purposes, all in return for a honest review and share on social media? Well, the good news is this program DOES exist and it’s called Influenster.
Influenster is a website that hosts product reviews by every day people, on basically everything – cosmetics, travel, food, pet care, household items, fitness items, etc. Although the reviews are open for anyone to read, you can also become an Influenster member and score free products for testing purposes, all in exchange for an honest review and a few shares across social media. You don’t have to be a blogger or influencer to join, and you don’t have to have a large following – you just have to be honest about how the product worked for you and willing to share your experience online.
How Does it Work?
Influenster sends free product(s) to selected people in what is known as a “VoxBox”. In order to get a Vox Box you must a) have an Influenster account b) be active on Influenster (commenting, reviewing, etc.) c) fit the criteria that a brand is looking for, per a survey. If all of these items have been met, you may be in the running to receive a particular box from Influenster. If chosen, you’ll get a “You’re In” email asking for your mailing address. You must also electronically sign a document that states you promise to review the product and share your review online.
Starting a Campaign & Earning Badges
Once you’re accepted in to a certain VoxBox, you’ll see a campaign area appear in the app. Once you receive your Vox Box, you check it in on the app (to let them know you got it). After that you’ll have about a month to finish the items in the campaign and earn a badge for that brand. They’ll tell you where to share your review and what hashtags to use. There is also a bonus badge that you can earn for each VoxBox by going above and beyond and sharing reviews on a blog, video, etc.
As you can see in the picture above, I am currently enrolled in the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask VoxBox campaign and have 9 snaps to finish.
How to Improve Chances of Scoring a Vox Box
Each person has a number score with Influenster in which they use to gauge your level of influence, called an Impact score. A portion of your Impact score is based off the number of social followers you have, however your activity within the app and Influenster community is also figured in. The higher your Impact score, the better your odds are for scoring a VoxBox.
Here’s a couple ways you can help improve your Impact score & chance of being selected for a VoxBox:
- Complete Your Profile – Be sure to add all of your details in your profile (pic, bio, etc.). This helps Influenster determine which VoxBoxes you’re a good candidate for.
- Link All Social Accounts – Link every social media account you own to Influenster, even if you don’t intend to share your reviews on some of them. Every follower counts towards your overall Impact score.
- Fill Out Snaps – Although it may seem tedious at first to review so many items at once, it’s important to have a good chunk of reviews under your belt. After all, that’s the whole purpose of the app. Snaps will update as time goes on, so you may have to pop back in as new categories arise.
- Be Active – Navigate around the app and socialize. Answer other’s questions on a product you know well. Read & comment on articles by Influenster. Hop on the app as often as you can.
- Review New Products – Aside from the snaps, be sure to review any products you currently own and any new products you purchase in the future. Make sure your reviews are helpful and well-explained (you get bonuses when people mark your reviews as helpful).
- Complete Badges – You can unlock the Expert & Lifestyle badges right away just by interacting on the app, without receiving a Vox Box. Once you do receive a VoxBox, make sure you complete both the normal and bonus badges (if applicable). Badges and your likelihood to complete them are taken into consideration when potential VoxBox recipients are chosen.
- Be Patient – Don’t feel bad if you don’t receive a Vox Box right away, even if you get sent a survey or two. Just stick with it, stay active and you’ll receive a “You’re In” email before you know it! 😉
Ready To Score Free Products from Influenster?
If you’re interested in signing up for Influenster, click here! Yes, this an affiliate link. No, I don’t make money off the link nor this post. Whenever I’m passionate about something or score a nice deal I like to share it with others! 😉 Be sure to share the good news too!
This post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own.